With a big family and running a business, I’m a big fan of simple food ideas. Lettuce wraps are an easy idea for those of us who live far away from bread and cereal. This combination of Asian chicken lettuce wraps is full of flavor and only takes a few minutes to throw.
How to make healthy Asian chicken
Many Asian-inspired recipes demand more sugar or other ingredients that I prefer to stay away from. It uses only the ingredients I love to serve my family.
- Chicken – I want to use the animals raised on the pasture for the best quality and taste.
- Sesame oil – far better choice than traditional vegetable oil and it has a sesame taste that makes the dish pop.
- Coconut Amino – I use coconut amino instead of soy sauce to avoid soy and extras.
- Honey – A natural sweetness in place of refined sugar for a bit of sweetness.
- Lots of healthy veggies!
This recipe is easily made in a pan, making it an instant neat meal. To fill this dish, start by heating the oil. Add the chicken and cook until browned.
Then add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Then add chestnuts and green onions, as well as honey sauce, coconut amino, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter, honey, and pepper sauce in water. Once you are ready to fill in, you can add it to Lettuce Wrap!
How to wrap a lettuce
When you send grains like my family, you have to be creative with ways to offer traditional finger food. Lettuce rap is a favorite way of replacing grains. They are flexible and work well with wrap or taco shells, but also offer extra vegetarian food.
But they can also be difficult to master.
To wrap a good lettuce, start with the right type of lettuce. Boston, Babe or Butterhead are the best choice because the leaves are good, but they are also soft and delicious. Swiss chard can work as well, though you need to remove the trunks. Iceberg Lettuce works well with lettuce cups, but wrapping can easily break it. I don’t usually use iceberg because it doesn’t offer much nutritional value.
My family loves this tasty wrap on the homemade Christmas sauce.
Asian lettuce wrapping recipe
Wrap healthy, flavorful lettuce with ground chicken, water greens and lime sauce.
- 1 lb Ground chicken
- 2 TBSP Testa mole mole (Divided)
- 1 Big Onion (Finely chopped)
- 1 (8 oz) Can do Water chestnut (Dried and finely chopped)
- 1 Thunder Green onions (Chopped)
- 2 Cup hoisin sauce
- 3 TBSP Coconut Aminos
- 2 Clove Garlic (Minimized)
- 1 TBSP Rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TBSP peanut butter
- 1 Dash Asian chili sauce (Or for taste, optional)
- 16 leaves Boston, babe, or butter head lettuce (Washed)
Heat 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the chicken and cook until completely browned and slightly browned.
Add the sliced onions and cook for more the-trans minute, until the onions are translucent and turn brown.
Add chopped nuts and green onions to the chopped water and stir until heated.
Use hosiery sauce, coconut amino, garlic, vinegar, honey, peanut butter, pepper sauce and stir in sesame oil.
Cook until green onions start to die.
To serve, eat a tablespoon of chicken mixture between lettuce leaves and a cup of taco.
If you can’t find butter lettuce, you can use a tender leafy green lettuce.
Try drizzle with lettuce wrapped with yum sauce!
Service: 1Wrap | Calories: 83.35kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.9Yes | Protein: 5.51Yes | Fat: 4.71Yes | Fats fat: 1.04Yes | Cholesterol: 24.51Magra | Sodium: 158.43Magra | Potassium: 179.79Magra | Fiber: 0.38Yes | Sugar: 2.8Yes | Vitamin A: 48.07IU | Vitamin C: 1.09Magra | Calcium: 6.99Magra | Iron: 0.35Magra
Looking for more Asian-inspired recipes?
I love the sweet and savory flavors of Asian cuisine. Here are some of my favorite healthy variations.
- Thai Chicken Kerry – This recipe is an easy and cheap version of a restaurant favorite. Even for a quick Saturday dinner, it fits my criteria!
- Chinese Chicken Stir Fry – How quickly and easily this stir fry is my favorite meal for busy nights.
- Mandarin Chicken – I used to live on Chinese takeout food (though “live” is like raising a threshold). Since I started eating healthy I decided that I needed to prepare a healthy Mandarin chicken recipe. It is used for bread flour almond flour and only fresh oranges and honey for sweetness.
- Grilled Thai Crab Recipe – I love crabs, and this recipe makes it so amazingly tasty that it looks like a treat.
- Asian Color Burst Salad – This salad is a great way to add more vegetables to your meal. I’d like to serve it with some other dishes on this list for a round meal.
For a quick but delicious meal, I will make a forward sauce similar to this garlic garlic ginger sauce and put it on boiled or bitter vegetables and leftover chicken.
What are your favorite lunch ideas?