What is it like to have Christmas hoarding? Old or young, it is a special pleasure to pick up a Gante storekeeper at Christmas with a little surprise.
Even if it’s something as small as a bra or something as practical as a pair of new socks!
The tradition of Christmas stockings
Thanks to Clement Se Moore’s famous poem “The Night Before Christmas”, we know that Christmas stockings have been “carefully hung by the fireplace” for at least the last two hundred years (and then some).
But how long ago this tradition began and why it has become so popular is more unknown.
Most agree that the tradition of Christmas hoarding pays homage to St. Nicholas, an ancient Christian saint known for his generosity and giving gifts to those in need.
Legend has it that St. Nicholas heard of a widow who could not pay the dowry for her three daughters (then in a state of despair). St. Nicholas dropped the gold coins from the widow’s chimney at night, and one coin fell into one of the burning stockings. The widow and her daughters were happy to see the coins the next morning, their anxiety was gone.
The example of St. Nicholas continues to shape our idea of the true spirit of Christmas even today!
Healthy storage staffer ideas for the whole family
Here are some of the healthiest ideas I’ve had over the years or heard from others. And don’t forget to check out my 2019 Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for your last-minute ideas for your full Christmas list!
Consumable Stock Staffers
Gifts of health and beauty
Experiments / Sensitive
- Coupon for “date” with mom or dad
- Carol or gaming token
- Movie Night with Favorite Sweet Coupon
- One coupon for up to one hour delay (special mom and dad time!)
- A coupon to take food for one day
- Mini photobook with family memories and inspirational quotes
- A Capsicum letter or love note
- Movie ticket or gift certificate
- Ask fans to record favorite stories or read aloud and create playlists Ask (for gifts on the device you already own)
- A flip photobook with pictures of years
Sports and Recreation
- Camping “Adventure” Kit: Compass, Mini Flashlight, Beef Jerky, Trail Mix, Binoculars, Fanny Pack – or Buy a Pre-made One
- Letter Writing Kit: Stationery, Stickers, Pens, Address Book, Fun Stamps
- Crafting kit: yarn, crochet hook, mini cross stitch set, buttons, stickers, ribbon
- Art Supplies: Watercolor paints, brushes, glue, sequins, stickers, paper cartons or stamps
- Wallet Theme (For Mom or Older Baby): Mint, Clinix Pack, Pen, Natural Hand Cleaner, Hand Lotion
- Jewelry or charms
- Photo gift from Mixbook
- Gift Certificate for learning something new like Bee Keeper!
- A festive tie for this man in his life
- Gift Cards
- Religious medals or sacred cards
- Cash or gift cards inside a mini-maze gift box
A fun twist to the hoarding tradition: instead of gifting everything in one day, slip a new gift into stockings on each of the twelve days of the Christmas season (traditionally Epiphany’s from December 25 to January 6). On invitation). Your kids will love looking forward to a new surprise and this will help them stay focused throughout the Christmas season!
What are some of your favorite healthy storage items? Please share!