I have struggled to lose weight most of my adult life and have reached a healthy weight in just the last two years. More importantly, I now feel comfortable and relaxed in my skin, and don’t spend time and energy trying to choose the things I like about myself (something that has drained my mental bandwidth for years). Taken from).
Specifically, I lost more than a pound in fifteen months and went from size 16 to size 1 (and forgave my Hashmo).
I’m sharing what’s working for me. This is not medical advice and I don’t think these factors will work for everyone. This process, in many ways, was a decade of success in making the night.
A personal way to lose weight
I learned two important lessons for building a sustainable system that worked for me (and that I feel it is important to solve it before finding physical objects).
1. I started with a mindset
There was a story in my mind that said, “I would be happy when یا” or “If I were alone, I would be happy and accept myself.” I felt that I could choose to be happy and accept myself without waiting for my body to see a certain way. The change of mindset was not an overnight change, and it took time to get into it, but for me it was a fundamental and important change.
I felt that I could not hate or punish myself for the size I wanted.
When I started to appreciate and love myself as much as I did, it became so easy to choose what is the reason for losing weight without internal friction. Instead of depriving myself of what I don’t like about my body, it has become easier to listen to my body and choose healthy food (and coffee) out of love.
For me, dealing with the trauma of the past was a big part of the process, and I describe my journey with it in this podcast episode.
I share the changed diet and lifestyle items below, but the importance of mindset and inner work cannot be overstated.
2. I asked better questions
I also learned to ask better questions. I mean: I used to say things like “why is it so hard to lose weight” internally, to which my brain must respond and provide all the reasons that were hard because of it: Thyroid disease, six children, bad genes, etc. .
After working with Dr. Joy Martina, I instead started asking myself questions like “How easy is it to lose weight and be so healthy”, and my brain therefore answered that question. Jumping in giving: Because I love healthy foods, mobility is fun, sleep helps me heal, and so on.
These books have been very helpful to me:
Privatization is key
Even in the last two years, the house has really learned the lesson that health and fitness is a very complex and complex personal. Many “experts” claim that they have all the answers, and many people know what works for them. I tried to imagine almost every “system”. After all, what worked for me was a collection of things that I found through my own experiences that were designed specifically for me.
Here is the real secret: There is no secret or magic pill.
There is wisdom in learning in almost every way, but it must be personal. I built on the highly researched supported methods that I discovered and then experimented with, tested and found out what worked best for me.
Below I share these strategies and highlight the commonalities that I think can be helpful to most people. Ideally, this should be the starting point for your research and experience. Pieces of my strategy may work for you, but the procedure below should, at best, be a starting point.
A note on Hashmoto:
Ten years ago, after my third child was born, I was diagnosed with Hashmoto’s thyroiditis. I had tried a lot of things before this point, and many of them helped with thyroid numbers, by which time I had struggled with weight loss.
I think I did a lot of things during that time to help my gut and body heal and lose weight, and I thank Dr. Alan Christian and Dr. Isabella Ventz for their work. And help your thyroid regenerate
I should also note that in the last two years, I have stopped working as if I have thyroid disease and let it be part of my story or stop it with some excuse. This may not be helpful to everyone, but I think the change of mindset is really important.
Part 1: Weight Loss Tracking
I realized that I couldn’t figure out what was working and what was not without measuring the purpose over time. I have decided how I am going to start tracking and documenting these metrics:
- Weight, body fat and BMI
- Fasting for blood sugar (every 1-2 weeks) using a glucose monitor
- Keaton 24 hours a month
- Ovara using heart rate variability and sleep
- Basic labs using CBC and Comprehensive Metabolic Plus Thyroid and Vitamin D using local ProHealth Clinic.
- The amount of food and macros through My Fitness Pal
- Eating and fasting from time to time through the Zero app
By tracking them, I can see over time what works and what doesn’t. I also kept a digital journal in theory that traced my diet and exercise and added notes about them to coordinate patterns.
Helpful resources for tracking:
Part 2: Understanding Genes
Part of finding out what worked for me was to take a deep dive into my genes. I used the Nutrition Genome for genetic testing, and they provide a 90+ page report on nutrition and supplements that I used as a starting point. I also ran my data through self-decode and developed an algorithm that would look at all my genes in relation to each other and make recommendations based on that.
Again, this is very personal, but the factors that helped me the most were:
- Eating low fat, especially low saturated fat, can be unavoidable for many people.
- High protein consumption (more on this below)
- Less red meat to reduce iron intake and insulin levels (a big difference was seen here)
- Improving vitamin D levels
Part 3: Eat as much as you can to lose weight
When I started tracing, I realized that I had been eating less (especially protein) for years trying to lose weight, and my metabolism was not happy with that. It took a while to break this habit, but I started by tracking my food intake and making sure I ate enough calories.
For me, consuming enough protein was especially important; and research supports it. Protein lowers ghrelin (the hormone that makes you hungry) and increases GLP-1, peptide YY, and cholesterol (which indicates you’re full). Protein is also needed to build muscle, which burns more comfortably than fat.
I found that by increasing my healthy protein intake, I naturally wanted to consume less high carb and high calorie foods and felt more quickly satisfied. Protein also takes more effort to metabolize (it burns 30 ore calories during digestion and has a more thermal effect, as protein is needed for muscle and tissue health.) , So it has anti-aging effect! Win: Win. I didn’t find it until after my weight loss, but I recommend you check out Dr. Gabriel Lyon’s work if you’re new to the concept. Are
in short. Eating more protein helped me feel fuller faster, burn more calories and avoid the urge to eat which I was trying to avoid.
Specifically, I planned to eat 30 grams of protein at least three times a day. Most of the food, I hit 40-45 grams. Another way to look at it is to get about 30% calories from protein.
Some examples of protein consumption per meal:
- 2 cans of sardines (almost every day with green vegetables in my diet) every day)
- 1.5 cups cottage cheese
- 5-6 ounces cooked chicken or turkey
- 6-7 ounces ripe cod of democracy
- 6-7 ounces cooked salmon
- 5-6 ounces lean beef
- 7 ounces of shrimp
- 12-18 raw oysters
I don’t tolerate eggs well, but if I could eat them they would be a source of protein for me too. I also used grass-fed protein powder and bone broth to target protein targets when I needed and drank Cain Aminos daily for extra bioavailable protein.
My only real focus was on hitting my protein target at every meal. I also ate in a small window (more on that below) Once I hit the protein targets, I ate lots of vegetables, fruits and healthy fats (mostly olive oil) until I Don’t feel hungry
Its a bonus?
The extra protein and micronutrients from VJs have an anti-aging effect and helped my skin too! Because protein also helps build muscle, I became much stronger without having to work harder.
Part 4: Eat often
I experimented with and used many types of fasts and found that after a lot of testing and tracking it works well for me. I don’t think these methods are universally beneficial, and a lot of people don’t respond well to fasting. These methods worked for me, but do your research and work with a doctor (as I did with my Study MD doctor) when trying any extended fasting.
I still eat in the small window regularly every day. Often referred to as intermittent fasting (IF) or time-bound meals (TRE), these methods help a person consume fewer calories and do not interrupt the body and liver during the meal window. Is.
We all practice some form of TRE without really realizing it. Until you get up in the middle of the night to eat, most of us eat without food for at least 8 hours, which means we eat at the window for 16 hours every day. I have changed it and instead I usually eat in the window for 6-8 hours every day. Most days, I eat three meals, about 3-4 hours apart.
I track my hormones regularly, and my body performs well with this method of TRE. Many genes make my fasting easier than most people, and I’m careful not to put too much pressure on my body by fasting too much.
I also regularly fast for half a day, but I work on them slowly and never recommend them without a doctor’s supervision. Specifically, I fast 24 hours a day, about once a week, and measure my glucose and ketones in my fast that day. I also fast 3-5 days of water every month or two and fast 7-10 days at the beginning of the year (I found a great way to start the new year and focus on goals and objectives) Is).
More information resources about TRE and FAST:
Part 5: Supplements That Helped Me Lose Weight
I find certain supplements helpful, especially during the most intense weight loss phase. What worked for me will not necessarily work for you. These are specific supplements I have experimented with based on my genes and with tracking to see what helped. I think that properly nurturing your body in terms of genes has also helped reduce the response to biological stress (see Part 6 below).
I’m sharing details of most of the day’s things, for example, but this list will look different to you. The Nutrition Genome Test helped me find this list.
I believe that we should get most of the nutrients from food and eat a very nutritious diet. Based on my genes, it was difficult to get enough of these specific nutrients by eating with my diet limits (not eating eggs, etc.), so supplements were beneficial. If I tried to get all this from food, I would also need massive calories to increase the number of nutrients.
Danger of sounding like a broken record: These are the supplements that work for me. It is not necessary to take these supplements to help a person with different genes lose weight. I cite them as personal examples, not as medical advice or recommendations of any kind.
Part 6: Be sympathetic and keep stress low
This one factor may be the biggest key to my weight loss! We’ve all heard of the Blue Zone and all the possible factors that make it healthier and help people live longer in these zones: better diet, more exercise, more sunshine, more red wine, and more.
I think the most overlooked and possibly most important factor is their strong focus on community and lower levels of tension. These factors mean that they are more likely to be present in the condition of the Parisian sympathetic nervous system than in the sympathetic nervous system.
When we eat in sympathy, we do not digest, and food is more likely to be stored as fat or to raise blood sugar. We do not sleep well in a state of empathy or even regulate blood sugar. In short, we can do the same thing: eat well, get enough sleep, take supplements, etc., but in a state of empathy vs. parasite, in a sympathetic state it has a very different reaction.
It’s not as easy as reducing stress, but it starts here. It’s more than just self-care and it’s a daily routine.
You will not be surprised to hear that resolving this basic tension is also personal. For each of us, this means identifying and correcting the greatest sources of our emotional and physical stress over time through a combination of conscious choice and climate change.
Here are some of the things that helped me the most (but I didn’t do it every day):
- Exercise less: I found out that in the beginning, I really. I was exercising a lot and it was creating physical stress in my body. During the first six months of weight loss, I did no strenuous exercise at all and just kept walking and swimming.
- Use gold: Among other benefits: Regular use of gold served me two purposes: It worked as an exercise mathematician to give a lot of cardio benefits even when I was not exercising much. , And it helps the body to be sympathetic. The study found: “A bathing session increases HR. During the cooling period from the gold bath, HRV increased, indicating a dominant role of parasympathetic activity and a decrease in the sympathetic activity of the cardiac autonomic nervous system.
- Prefer sleep: Sleep has become completely non-negotiable for me. During sleep, the body regenerates, regulates the flow of cerebral cortex, and reconstitutes many metabolic factors. Even a bad night’s sleep can interfere with blood sugar levels and HRV for two days. These posts have more information: Sleep treatments that work and how to create the perfect sleep environment.
- To tapA method called tapping helps to calm the nervous system. It was one of those strategies that I used to deal with stress and before eating I made sure I was in a state of empathy to digest. This podcast with Nick Ortner and both with Britney Watkins explain the tapping in more detail.
- Hunter fitness classes: Since I focused more on soft fitness, I still wanted to increase strength and mobility, and Hunter Fitness car and kinestrech classes were really helpful. I’m not sure why this is, but I also see a huge increase in HRV (a good thing) at night after taking these classes during the day.
- Sprinkling and strength training: With my COMT genes, I realized that increased cardio was never beneficial for me, and that once I could tolerate exercise without too much stress, I started doing heavy but fast exercises like heavy Lifting and lifting weights. I now do almost exclusive exclusive weight, sprint, and Car.O.L bike training.
- MassageWhenever possible, massage and foam rolling will help my body feel more empathetic.
- breathing: Some simple breathing exercises made a difference in my HRV. The box will breathe (4 counts breaths, 4 counts hold hold, 4 counts exhale, 4 counts repeat and repeat), and 4-7-8 (4 breaths) , Hold 7, exhale for 8).
Part 7: Don’t do the same thing every day
I’ve explained a lot of things that I do regularly, but I don’t do them every day. To maintain metabolic flexibility, I vary my supplements, dining windows, macros and calories almost every day.
- Meals at the 6-8 hour window every day, but one day a week, I eat at the 12+ hour window instead.
- Eat 100+ grams of protein most days but very little protein once a week.
- I don’t take supplements on weekends.
- Some days I eat more fat (mostly olive oil and fish).
- One or two days a week, I eat more carbs than vegetables and edges.
- I lift weights a few times a week but occasionally take a week off.
- The only thing I rarely differ from is my sleep, and this is one of my non-negotiations. مجھے نیند کو کم کرنے اور نیند کو بہتر بنانے سے کوئی فائدہ نہیں ملا ہے میری زندگی کے دوسرے تمام شعبوں میں اس کے مثبت اثرات ہیں۔
روزانہ صحت اور وزن میں کمی کا ایک نمونہ
جیسا کہ میں نے کہا ، میں ہر ایک دن کچھ نہیں کرتا ، لیکن یہاں ایک نمونہ دن ہے جس میں بہت سے عام عوامل شامل ہیں:
- کم از کم 8 گھنٹے کی نیند لینے کے بعد بغیر الارم کے ویک اپ۔ ایک لیموں کا عرق اور کچھ ادرک کے ساتھ ایک چوتھائی پانی پئیں۔
- ایک گھنٹہ کے اندر ، 30 منٹ باہر (اکثر اپنے شوہر اور بچوں کے ساتھ گرین چائے یا کافی کا ایک کپ پینا) گزاریں ، شکر گزار ہوں اور سانس لیں اور گھوم پھریں (چلنا ، طاقت کی تربیت یا نرمی پھیلانا)۔
- خالی پیٹ لینے کے ل I مجھے کوئی اضافی خوراک لینے کی ضرورت ہے۔
- صبح اسکول جاتے وقت کام کرو۔
- اگر آپ کام کررہے ہیں تو ، صبح کے کھانے سے پہلے یہ دیر سے صبح کریں تاکہ میں روزے کی تربیت کر سکوں۔ کبھی کبھی ورزش سے پہلے اور اس کے دوران امینو پیتے ہیں۔
- سب سے پہلے دن 11-1 کے درمیان پہلا کھانا کھائیں ، اس بات کو یقینی بناتے ہوئے کہ 40 گرام پروٹین لگائیں۔ اس کھانے کے ساتھ زیادہ تر سپلیمنٹس لیں ، بشمول مذکورہ بالا کھانا۔
- اس دن 6-8 گھنٹوں کے اندر اندر 3 کھانے کے ل 3-4 ہر 3-4 گھنٹے میں دوسرا کھانا کھائیں۔
- دوپہر کے وقت بچوں کے ساتھ باہر کا وقت اور اکثر عام طور پر سونا سہ پہر کے وقت گزاریں۔ ایل ایم این ٹی کو سونا میں الیکٹرولائٹس کے ل Dr پیئے۔
- سونے سے کم از کم 3 گھنٹے پہلے کھانا بند کرو۔
- سونے سے پہلے زیادہ تر رات ریشی چائے پی لو (آرگنفی سونے کو چار سگمیٹک ریشی پیکٹ میں ملایا گیا)
- بیڈ میں زیادہ تر رات 10 بجے تک اور بیشتر دن 9+ گھنٹے سوتے ہیں۔
وزن کم کرنے کے لئے نمونہ کھانے کے نظریات
میں کھانے کی اقسام میں فرق نہیں کرتا ہوں اور دن میں کسی بھی وقت ان میں سے کسی بھی کھانوں کو کھا سکتا ہوں۔ میں انڈوں کو اچھی طرح سے برداشت نہیں کرتا ہوں (واحد کھانا جس سے میرے لئے سوزش ظاہر ہوتی ہے) لہذا وہ اس فہرست میں شامل نہیں ہیں لیکن وہ زیادہ تر لوگوں کے ل great بہترین ہیں:
- کدو کے بیج ، بھنگ کے بیج ، اور گھر میں زیتون کا تیل اور لیموں کی ڈریسنگ (میرا سب سے عام کھانا) کے ساتھ ایک بڑے ترکاریاں پر دو کین سارڈین۔
- ایک یا دو مرغی کے سینوں کو ایوکاڈو ، پیلنٹو ، بہت سارے سبز ، بھنگ کے دانے ، گرم چٹنی ، اور گھریلو فارم کے ساتھ کٹا ہوا ہے۔
- ایک کٹوری میں انڈا رول چھان کر بھوننے والے گراؤنڈ ترکی کے ساتھ بھون لیں۔
- ٹماٹر ، انکرت ، ککڑی ، اور زاززکی چٹنی کے ساتھ لیٹش کے پتے میں لپیٹا کٹا ہوا ترکی۔
- سلاد کے ساتھ ویجی پاستا پر میٹ بالز۔
- بھنے ہوئے ویجیوں کے ساتھ پین سیئرڈ سالمن۔
- بھرے میٹھے آلو کو اسٹیک اور برسلز انکرت کے ساتھ۔ (میں اپنے جینوں کی وجہ سے لال گوشت محدود کرتا ہوں اور زیادہ سے زیادہ ہفتے میں ایک بار یہ کھاتا ہوں)۔
- گوبھی چاول اور ہلچل بھون سبزیاں کے ساتھ پین سیئرڈ میثاق جمہوریت۔
- شیٹ پین تندوری چکن رانوں اور سبزیاں۔
- بچنے والے پروٹین اور گھریلو ڈریسنگ کے ساتھ ترکاریاں کی کوئی تبدیلی
وزن کم کرنے کا میرا منصوبہ: کلیدی طریقہ اختیار
ایک فوری بازیابی کے طور پر ، یہ سب سے نازک عوامل ہیں جس نے مجھے وزن کم کرنے میں مدد دی (لیکن ضروری نہیں کہ آپ کے لئے بھی اسی طرح کام کریں):
- میرے جین کو جاننا اور ان کے ل eating کھانا / ضمیمہ کرنا
- سمندری غذا کے ذرائع سے ، خاص طور پر پروٹین زیادہ کھانا
- ٹی آر ای اور روزہ رکھنا
- بہت ہی مخصوص سپلیمنٹس
- نیند اور HRV سے باخبر رہنے کے ل para پیرائے ہمدردی میں رہنا
- سونا استعمال اور بہت ہی مخصوص ورزش
میری تائرواڈ کی حالت کو ٹھیک کرنا ، ماضی کے صدمے پر قابو پانا ، اور زندگی کے تمام شعبوں میں زیادہ توازن برقرار رکھنے کا طریقہ سیکھنا ایک چیلینج رہا ہے ، لیکن مذکورہ بالا تمام اقدامات کے مجموعے کے ذریعے ، میں نے 80 پاؤنڈ سے زیادہ کھو دیا ہے ، زیادہ توانائی ہے ، اور میں پہلے سے زیادہ مضبوط ہوں
یہ آسان سفر نہیں رہا ہے اور میں ابھی تک اس سے فارغ نہیں ہوا ہوں۔ اگر آپ ان میں سے کسی چیز سے لڑ رہے ہیں تو ، میں آپ کو صرف اس کی حوصلہ افزائی کروں گا۔ تم کر سکتے ہو! لیکن آپ کو اپنے آپ سے پیار کرنے اور قبول کرنے شروع کرنے تک انتظار کرنے کی ضرورت نہیں ہے۔ آپ حیرت انگیز اور حیرت انگیز اور قابل اور قابل پیارے ہیں جیسے آپ ابھی ہیں!